Website Compass Health Network
Compass Health Network is looking for highly motivated and talented candidates for the role of Dental Assistant I FLOAT. The new position is available in Warrenton, MO.
Job: Dental Assistant I FLOAT
Company: Compass Health Network
Location: Warrenton, MO
Compensation: $14.34/per hour & up, DOE
Seeking a personable dental assistant to perform duties that assist the dentist, hygienists and other assistants in the care and treatment of patients. Performs duties in the field of reception, chair-side assisting, sterilization, inventory and records. This position will cross-train and perform duties at our Union, Warrenton and Sullivan clinics.
1) Educate/Promote oral health through presentations in local schools, civic organizations, community programs and various others entities
2) Promote and implement the Preventive Services Program(PSP) in local schools
1) Review of health history.
2) Dental charting.
3) Take dental radiographs.
4) Perform infection control and sterilization procedures.
5) Educate patients about appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
6) Counsel patients about nutrition and its impact on oral health.
7) Assist dentist with the following aspects of dentistry: oral surgery, restorative, prosthodontics, endodontics, and preventive.
8) Other duties as assigned
Driving is an essential function of the position; a valid license and agency established minimum automobile coverage are required in the event the employee drives during the course of employment.
High School Diploma required, experience in the field preferred. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software. BLS certification or ability to obtain Has a commitment to service and personal excellence. Is team oriented and values diversity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms and hands; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities of the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
To apply for this job please visit careers.compasshealthnetwork.org.