Website Hyndman Health
A new role Dental Assistant is available in Hyndman, PA 15545. Highly motivated candidates are encouraged to apply. Please check full job details offered by Hyndman Health below.
Job: Dental Assistant
Company: Hyndman Health
Location: Hyndman, PA 15545
Education & Training: Graduate of a dental assistant program complete with radiographic instruction with clinical experience to carry out required functions. The Assistant should have passed the national radiography exam.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: Sitting, standing, bending and walking several hours a day with minimal lifting.
Special Requirements: Ability to work with the dentist providers on staff as their direct support. Ability to assist and expedite patient care and ensure smooth flow of patients. Ability to communicate well and cheerfully with all patients. Ability to receive, comprehend and carry out instructions; ability to work safely with equipment, supplies and materials; ability to comply with attendance requirements, ability to comply with Personnel policies.
Equipment: Dental instruments, materials, and machines required in the care and service of dental patients as instructed by dental providers, photocopier, fax and telephone.
Perform all duties delegated to the dental assistant including expanded functions as able.
Assist in four-handed dentistry
1) Exposing and processing radiographs;
2) Primary impressions;
3) Placement and removal of dental matrix;
4) Placement and removal of temporary restorations;
5) Application of topical agents;
6) Charts oral findings.
Other Department Functions:
1) Sterilize and arrange instruments in trays;
2) Responsible for dental supplies; pricing, ordering, inventory and stocking;
3) Assist in dental lab as directed;
4) Work with patients in communicating appropriate patient education aspects of patient care, i.e.: extraction or surgery treatment, root canal therapy, etc;
5) Indoctrination of other dental personnel (temporary assistants, clinical students, others in related field)
Adheres to HAHC policies and procedures as set forth by the Board of Directors and enforced by the Executive Director.
Performs other duties as delegated and assigned by direct supervisor and/or Executive Director.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job
To apply for this job please visit hyndmanhealth.apscareerportal.com.